About 4 million people in the US are already wearing braces. In fact, about 25% of these patients are adults. If you're worried about crooked teeth or a misaligned jaw, consider getting braces yourself.
On the fence? Here are seven questions to ask your orthodontist before getting braces. Asking these questions can help you determine if braces are right for you.
You'll have peace of mind knowing you chose the best orthodontic treatment for your unique needs.
Your dentist in Upland, CA is here to help. Keep reading to learn more!
1. How Much Experience Do You Have With This Treatment?Before getting braces, it's important to make sure you have a qualified orthodontist working on your case. Their experience and expertise will give you peace of mind.
A qualified dentist or orthodontist will have no issue answering your questions.
You can find a dentist in Rancho Cucamonga, Chino, Wildomar, or Upland. Then, learn more about their work history.
How long have they worked in orthodontics? How many patients have they helped in that time? Determine how many patients with braces they've helped, too.
Make sure the orthodontist you choose has graduated a 2-3 year residency in orthodontics and is a certified specialist in the field. It can help to choose an orthodontist that prioritizes continuing education too. They'll be up to date on the latest techniques, procedures, and technologies.
Their continued education will ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
Otherwise, you might choose a dentist or orthodontist who works based on out-of-date information. They might not offer top-notch services in your area as a result.
Check for online reviews to make sure you've chosen a dentist Chino residents know and trust. You'll have peace of mind knowing you've chosen an orthodontist with a strong reputation.
2. What are the Benefits of Getting Braces?Once you've found an orthodontist you trust, schedule a consultation appointment. You can speak with them in person to learn more about your case. Your dentist in Wildomar will help you learn more about your orthodontic options.
For example, they might suggest you get braces.
Ask about the benefits of getting braces.
For example, they can straighten your teeth, which could improve your overall oral health. Straighter teeth are easier to brush and floss. Proper oral hygiene can reduce your risk of cavities or gum disease.
In fact, about 47.2% of adults ages 30 and up have some form of periodontal disease. Gaps between your teeth make it easier for food particles to hideaway.
Plaque and tartar can form as bacteria continue to spread. You could develop gingivitis or periodontitis as a result.
Straightening your teeth with braces can resolve any speech issues you're experiencing, too. Otherwise, malocclusion could make pronouncing specific words difficult. You might have a lisp as well.
Straighter teeth can also help you chew and digest foods. Otherwise, you might experience pain while chewing. If you avoid eating certain foods, it could cause malnutrition.
Beyond that, getting braces or Invisalign could boost your confidence. You'll have straighter teeth and no longer feel the need to hide your smile. Instead, you can enjoy your straight teeth for the rest of your life.
3. What Types of Braces Should I Consider?Take the time to ask your dentist in Chino about your orthodontic options, too. You can work together to determine what braces resolve your orthodontic issues.
Most people picture metal brackets and wires when they hear the term "braces." However, there are many different options available. Some options are more discreet than others.
For example, you might prefer braces with clear brackets. These braces are less obvious than the traditional option.
You might consider Invisalign, too. Invisalign uses clear aligners. You can take your aligners out when you eat.
However, you'll need to wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day to avoid delays in your treatment.
You can review these options with your dentist to find the best option.
4. How Much Will It Cost?Don't forget to ask your dentist in Wildomar how much treatment will cost. The cost can vary based on your location and the type of braces you choose.
Getting braces could cost between $3,000 and $10,000. The average cost of braces ranges between $5,000 and $6,000. Invisalign can cost between $3,000 and $7,000.
Review your options with your dentist. They'll help you choose the right option based on your budget and needs.
5. What Lifestyle Changes Will I Need to Make?It's important to have realistic expectations about the treatment process before you get your braces. For example, you'll need to commit to healthy dental habits. Otherwise, you might not achieve the results you're hoping for.
With traditional braces, you'll also need to avoid certain foods. Otherwise, sticky foods can get stuck in your wires. Popcorn kernels can get stuck between your teeth, too.
You might need to wear special mouth guards for braces when participating in contact sports during the span of your treatment, too.
Consider the responsibilities you'll need to adopt at home, too. For example, you'll need to take care when brushing your teeth. You might need to use floss threaders, too.
Your dentist might have you use elastic bands as well.
Talk to your dentist about the lifestyle changes you'll need to make.
6. How Long Will Treatment Take?It also helps to have a timeline in mind before you get your braces. Different factors can impact the duration of your treatment. Everyone's orthodontic needs and goals are different.
With that in mind, treatment duration can vary patient-by-patient.
Talk to your dentist in Upland. They'll help you determine how long your treatment might take.
7. How Often Will I Need to Return to Your Office?Your dentist in Chino will need to see you throughout the year to make adjustments to your treatment plan. How often you'll need to see them can vary based on your case. Ask your dentist how often you'll need to visit their office.
Straighter Smiles: 7 Questions to Ask Your Orthodontist Before Getting BracesReady for straighter, stunning teeth? Make sure to ask your dentist in Upland these questions before starting treatment. Asking these questions before getting braces will help you develop realistic expectations.
Want to discuss your treatment options with a qualified dentist? We're here to help.
Contact us today to get started.
11/17/2021 05:54:18 pm
Thank you for this very informative blog post! A metal or plastic bracket is affixed to the teeth on either side of the gap in order to help them align. Braces are used to straighten teeth in a way that is both healthy and comfortable. Braces can be used to correct a child's bite, straighten an adult's teeth, and correct trauma-induced tooth shape changes.
Protetox, a weight loss supplement, helps the body detoxify and promotes fat oxidation. The manufacturer markets it as a natural fat-burning supplement that contains safe ingredients. The ingredients in Protetox meals have been clinically proven to promote thermogenesis and fat metabolism.. These ingredients can also help to reduce appetite and encourage healthy eating habits. The product has potent compounds that can help both men and women lose weight.
Leave a Reply.
Upland Dental Implant and Orthodontics
Upland - 1268 W. Foothill Blvd Upland, CA 91786 (909) 981-4111
Rancho Cucamonga - 11328 Kenyon Way Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701 (909) 945-5800
Chino - 14335 Pipeline Ave #A Chino, CA 91710 (909) 902-0800
Wildomar - 34859 Frederick St Suite 106 WIldomar, CA 92595 (951) 678-9888
Upland Dental Implant and Orthodontics
Call/Text (909) 206-4321